The number one action you can do to keep your air conditioning system energy efficient and running at peak performance is regular system maintenance. No matter what brand of system you have, regular maintenance will help keep your unit free of break-downs with our 30-point inspection.
What should I expect on an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check and Clean Condenser: Foreign material can gather on the condenser and reduce the system’s cooling capacity, therefore increasing your cooling costs by 50% or more.
- Monitor AC Cycle: Make sure the air conditioner is cycling properly.
- Inspect Primary and Secondary Drains: Condensate drains that have been clogged can increase humidity levels and cause damage to the ceiling.
- Clean and Adjust Thermostat: This will help keep an even temperature control for your home.
- Adjust Blower Components: To ensure adequate airflow for a maximum cooling performance.
- Check inside Cooling Coil, if accessible: Build-up can gather on the coil making your air conditioner run longer, increasing your cooling costs and energy consumption.
- Monitor Voltage & Amp. Draw on Motor: With measuring the voltage and amperage draw, our tech can identify problems before the unit fails.
- Check Operation Pressures for Proper Refrigerant Charge: Having too much or too little refrigerant charges can damage the compressor resulting in high electric bills and eventually failure of the unit.
- Check and tighten all Loose Electrical Components: Loose connections are a common issue with inoperative units.
- And more!
What are the benefits of a tune-up?
- Keep your air conditioner running at peak performance
- Improve the comfort level in your home
- Extend the life of your air conditioning unit
- Lowers energy use
- Catch problem areas early avoiding an expensive breakdown
- Peace of mind knowing your equipment is up to date
- Required on most systems to maintain manufacturer’s warranty
Make sure to check out our memberships page to sign up and save on your yearly tune-ups and any future services!