What are Air Ducts?
Air ducts are a very important part of your HVAC system since they are the pathways for heated and cooled air to travel throughout your entire home. They are the circulatory system of your home, which is why air duct cleaning is so important!
Why Should I Clean My Air Ducts?
That’s easy, because they get dirty! Since air ducts are located out of sight they are often forgot about and the maintenance for them neglected. Just imagine all the dust, mold and bacteria that can build up in your air ducts that are then circulated throughout your home in the air. The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) recommends having your air ducts cleaned every 4-7 years.
In addition to regular accumulation of dirt and dust found in all homes, there are several other factors that can increase the frequency for regular air duct cleaning:
- Smokers in the household
- Pets, especially ones that shed an excessive amount of hair and dander
- Allergy or asthma sufferers in the household
- After home renovations or remodeling
- Prior to moving into a new home
- If there has been water contamination or damage to the homes HVAC system
- Regular air duct cleaning – ensures the air that is being carried throughout your home stays clean
- Yearly maintenance on your air conditioning and heating unit – improves efficiency and system life and ensures your unit runs at peak performance
- Whole house filtration system – all air conditioners come with air filtration devices, but most fall short of thoroughly cleaning the air. Our CleanEffects™ air filtration system from Trane removes up to 99.98% of allergens from filtered air and is so strong it can filter out the common flu virus!
- UV Lighting – kills mold and bacteria. A complete UV light unit can sterilize moving air that circulates through the blower
Service One offers an air duct analysis for your home. Our technicians are highly trained and experienced in duct inspection, cleaning, and design. As always, your safety is our top priority, so we will take steps to ensure that you, your family, and your home remain free of contamination during the cleaning process.
Contact Service One to schedule your air duct analysis today!